Thursday, October 9, 2008

Musings on the future

I've been thinking a lot about my future and what I can do to get out of the rut I'm in. I used to think that I would NEVER want to do people photography, such as portraits or weddings. Lately though I've been reconsidering what I would be willing to do. With my listening to the Pro-Photo Show pod-casts and looking at various photos on the web, and then when I saw a wedding announcement magnet that I received with an absolutely awful photo on it, I thought "I can do better than that!" I like the idea of outdoor portraits. But I would be willing to do studio portraits. I still don't think I want to ever do weddings. But I suppose that eventually I might be persuaded to consider that as well. I want to just jump into this. Create a web site for my business, business cards, etc. I think I want to call it Elliott Leigh Strom Photography, or possibly Elliott Leigh Photography. Or I might go for ELS Photography, but not too sure about that one. I think the way to start would be to just start. I still need to get my own camera. So I need to sell the old stuff on eBay. For my business I would also want to offer commercial photography, product photography, possibly architecture, nature and aerial, etc. I think to get my feet wet would be to photograph people I know. Friends, family, folks from church. So anyway, those are the thoughts I have been having.

No comments: