Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Beautiful Morning

Don't have a photo to show, but the sunrise was really beautiful this morning. I was extremely bleary eyed and was thinking of just going for a walk. But when I came out to the living room I could see the Eastern sky through one of the windows. It was beautiful! So I grabbed my old Minolta, which I had loaded a roll of film onto over the weekend, and went out to take some shots. It was strange, this was only like the second or third time I had used the Minolta, but even in my semi-conscious state, I was able to set the exposure and even manage some over and under exposure for different effects. I decided, once I heard the sound of the shutter and the slap of the mirror, that I loved 35mm photography, and that I loved totally manual controls. I feel that I can be the most creative when I have complete control over every aspect. Maybe because I just haven't used them a lot, but when I get my hands on a digital SLR, with all the fancy controls, I feel like I don't have any control of what I'm doing. I just must be very old school.

I'll have to post something once I get this roll developed and a shot or two scanned into digital format.

Which prompts me to ask the question: what film do you like to use? Where do you get it processed and how do you get it into digital versions?

Until next time...

No comments: